- The program is open to students from any discipline and is structured to accommodate all skill levels.
- Students are not required to be enrolled at a university to attend FMA.
- Transfer credit is available to students enrolled at undergraduate or graduate universities. Students who are taking a gap year or have received deferred acceptance to a university may also be eligible for transfer credit.
- Previous experience with Italian language is not required. Courses are taught in English, and we offer multiple levels of our required Italian Language Course.
To get started, please register your email address at the Online Application Portal. You will then be able to login to the portal and complete the online application.
The application includes the following:
- Brief personal statement
- (Optional) Provide letter of recommendation from an advisor, professor, employer, or any other person(s) that may speak to your experience and/or proficiency in music, if applicable
- (Optional) Creative resume, portfolio, or samples of previous creative work
Complete the application materials to the best of your ability and submit. After submission, you may revise and/or add additional materials up until the application deadline for the term you are applying (please visit the Dates & Tuition page for further details)
Students Seeking Transfer Credit
We will help you work with your home institution to provide any requested documentation, materials, and assessments in order to help facilitate the credit-transfer approval process. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that FMA credits will transfer back to your home institution.
For more information on this process, please visit our Program Methodology & Accreditation page.